Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

Warm Holiday Wishes Card: Jiggery Makery DT Project

Hey everyone, it's Elina here with another design team project for the Jiggery Makery blog!!
For today's post, I created another Christmas card featuring one of Adele's lovely digis, Cindy.
Just click on the highlighted word "Cindy" and it will direct you to the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop where you can find this digi and many more.
For this project, I created a shaker card with a cozy background perfect for this digi.
                                                          Here's the pic for you to check out:



The card base measures 4 3/4" x 5 1/2," with a sheet of white card stock as the base.
I cut a sheet of patterned paper to the same size and adhered it to the card front.
I then went around the edges using my Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up, and added dash lines using my white gel pen.
Next, I set the card aside to work on the shaker element.

For the shaker, I drew a window shape on a scrap piece of white card stock which measures 3" x 3 1/4".
I divided it into four sections to represent the panes and cut them out.
Next adhered a piece of acetate behind the shaker and added die cut snowflakes and sequins.
I cut another piece of card stock to match the window frame and used my B12 marker to color it in.
With my pieces complete, all that was left to do now was add foam tape to the back of the shaker and adhere my backing piece.



I wanted to dress up the window a bit, so I stamped a string of ornaments along the top.
I added Glossy Accents and Stickles to make them sparkle and attached them to a strand of brown baker's twine.
To finish off the window shaker portion, I attached some green patterned paper shutters to either side.
Then I attached it to the card front.

For the image, I printed her out and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS5, Dusky Pink, R20
-Hair- E97, E99, E29
-Pants- G46, G28
-Sweater and Earmuffs- E70, E74, G46, G28, R27
-Boots- E74, E79


I adhered a strip of white card stock along the bottom and colored it in using my E70 and E74 markers.
Next, I fussy cut the image out and adhered her to the card base.

I stamped the greeting on the inside of the card using an Inkadinkado stamp set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


                                                             And ta-da!! Card complete!!

                                                     


                                                  I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
                                    Thanks for stopping by; enjoy your evening, and peace!! :)






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button