Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Queen Of Hearts Valentine's Day Card!!

Hey everyone, it's Elina here with my Design Team card for 2016 for the Jiggery Makery blog!! We had our choice of images to work with, so I chose the Princess image for my project today. I decided to turn her into the "Queen Of Hearts," and create a Valentine's Day card.
 I drew in some hearts on her dress, added a crown and created a cool background to show off her Royal Highness.
                                                       Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base is made of a sheet of black card stock and measures 4 1/2" x 6".
I used an old Avery Elle Sending You stamp set and my Stampin Up white pigment ink to create a custom pattern on the black card stock.
For the image, I first drew in the hearts and then colored her in using my alcohol markers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin- TN1, FS9, R20
- Hair- E70, E74, E79, R17, R27
- Dress & Hearts- C06, C07, C08, R17, R27

Once my coloring was complete, I trimmed down the card stock to 3 1/2" x 5" and rounded the corners.
To replicate the look of a playing card, I drew hearts in the corners and colored it in using R17, R27 Copic markers.
Next, I stamped a "Q" over the hearts and then outlined the card using a black marker and my Spica Gold pen.
Then I stamped the "Be Mine" sentiment along the top.


I  added a few more playing cards behind the main image panel, and used foam tape to adhere it down on the card base.

To finish it off, I added an Anna Griffin Decorative Sticker, some Prima flowers, and a few red and gold sequins.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Adele has been working on some new images, and I hope to be able to share those with you soon.
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)







Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button