Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Marie Antoinette Inspired Shoes!!

Hey everyone, happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start!! Before I get to today's project, just wanted to share some exciting news with you: I'm a Design Team member for the Decorate to Celebrate  blog!
I'm happy to be a part of this wonderful team of card makers and crafters.
So, for my first project as a design team member, I thought I would create something a little different.

On my Pinterest pin board, "Paper crafting Ideas", I pinned a set of Marie Antoinette inspired shoes.
I really loved the image but I wasn't sure if this was a project I would attempt.
So over the weekend I was deciding what I should make for this first challenge when I stumbled upon this pin on my board.
After checking out the site that the pin was from and the tutorial, I thought I would give it a try.
The instructions were clear and straightforward so it was pretty easy to assemble.

Here's the link to the site where I found the tutorial: Artful Affirmations

And here's the pic of the shoe I created:



I followed the directions I found in the tutorial but changed it up a bit.
Using the free template, I cut out the patterns for the shoe base, front and back three times, instead of twice.
I used craft card stock and layered the pieces together to make it sturdier.
I also added a heel that I made from brown card stock.

Before assembling the shoe, I covered each of the sections using patterned papers from the "Kirby Teesdale" 12" x 12" paper pad.
I inked the edges using some Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
Next, I assembled the shoe, covered the bottom with some brown card stock, and attached the heel.
Now to the fun part: The Decorations!

First, I glued some black rickrack trim along the front and back of the shoe.
To the back of the shoe I added some pink lace trim and more of the rickrack trim.
For the front of the shoe, I added a pink lace ruffle embellished with pearls.
To dress it up even further, I added a lace flower I made and paired it with a Finnabair Mechanicals "Vintage Trinkets".
I dotted the trinket with some more pearls and added flourishes and a rolled rose to the center.





For the heel of the shoe, I glued on some of the rickrack trim, added smaller rolled roses and flourishes.
As a final touch, I added a lace butterfly sticker from my stash and tucked white lace inside.



And voila!! Shoe complete!! 


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
This was a fun one to make so make sure to click the link above to give this one a try.
I think these shoes would be perfect for a bridal shower, lunch with the girls, gift swaps, or just to decorate your home.
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button