Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Re-Purposed Nursery Wall Hanging!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a relaxing start! For today's post, I have a re-purposed project I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle challenge blog! The theme is "Anything Goes," so please make sure to link up your crafty projects. We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge, who are graciously offering prize packs to our top 3 winners.
                                                                           
                                                         
                                                                     -Cute as a Button
                                                   
                                                                                                          
                                                                     -Sunsational Stamps
                                           
                                             
                                                                      -Crafty Sentiments

For this project,  I took a floating shelf, one you might at your local home store or IKEA, added paper to the background; some die cuts, and a pair of adorable teddy bear images. The end result is a unique piece of wall art that matches the color scheme of my niece's nursery.
                                                   Here's the pic for you to check out:


The shelf measures 10 1/4" x 11 3/4".
I mod-podged some patterned papers from Recollections and Heidi Swapp to cover the shelf.
Then, I inked the edges with some Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I die cut a rocking horse and rattle from my Cricut Explore out of white card stock.
I then used my RV63, RV55, G40, G43, C0, C04 markers to add color to the pieces.
Next, I used some tacky glue to adhere them to the background.

To create the frames on the wall, I used a Recollections stamp, Versa-Mark ink pad, and some white embossing powder to stamp them on a scrap piece of white card stock.
I then stamped some images inside the frames using a set of Stampin' Up rubber stamps.
I used my alcohol markers to color the images in, trimmed out the frames and adhered them to the background.

For the top of the shelf, I die cut a few squares from my Cricut Explore out a sheet of tan card stock.
I used my Heidi Swapp wood grain background stamp to add texture to the squares.
I added a frame and a letter to each of the squares to mimic the look of alphabet blocks.
Next, I added some sparkle to the frames and letters using my Wink of Stella pen.
I then added some Glossy Accents to finish them off. 
To dress up the shelf a little more, I adhered a strip of eyelet lace trim.

For the image, I used this A Gentle Touch image from Crafty Sentiments.
I colored them up using my alcohol markers.
Here's a list of the colors I used:
-Fur- E97, E99, E29, E70, E74, E79, TN7, TN8
-Bowtie, Bow & Collar- G40, G43, RV63, RV55

There's also a tutorial up on my channel, that shows you how I created the furry texture on the bears.
                                                         Just click the link below to check it out:


                                                             
                                             And ta-da!! Re-Purposed Wall Decor complete!!

                                                                                                                                                                                                  


                                                 I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                  Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and as always, peace!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button