Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine's Day Treat Boxes plus a New Video!!

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a fantastic start!! For today's post, I have a set of Valentine's Day treat boxes I made for my girls. I was inspired to create these from a pin I found on Pinterest. 
Here's the link where you can find the tutorial: tarascraftstudio

And here's the pics of the boxes I created:


The blue & grey one is for my 16 year old and the pink & red one is for my 7 year old.
The boxes are pretty simple to make but the fun part is decorating them.
I decorated them both using the same embellishments, just sticking to shades of blue and pink.

I won't go through the measurements because there are a ton of pics I want to share.
But make sure to click the link above to learn how to make these.

The image adorning these treat boxes is "Scribbles Sally- Be mine Valentine" from the Scrap N Dipity shop.
There's a coloring tutorial on my channel, just click here:
                                   
   
                               
                                                                  And now to the pics:



For the fronts, I decorated them both with patterned papers, heart doilies, a sentiment, flower and the image, that I fussy cut out.

Side view
Side view



 The "XO" & "Love" circles on the side of the boxes I made using my Cricut Explore.

The back


    For the backs, I used these Spare Parts decorative label plates from Hobby Lobby.
    I added a few sequins and stamped the cupid images using my Staz on Jet black ink.



For the tops of the boxes, I added some lace flowers I made, resin pieces to all four sides, 
an organza bow and some die cut swirls & flowers.

            The coolest part about these boxes is that they open up to reveal drawers.
             You can fill it with candy, money, little notes, whatever you wish.





I decorated the inside using some lace and a few die cut pieces.
I also added a decorative border along the bottom edges.

And here's the pic of the box when it's completely open:


And voila!! Treat Boxes complete!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
I hope I've inspired you to give this one a try.
It was a lot of fun to make and I'm looking forward to making a few more.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)


I'll be entering these boxes in these challenges:















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button