Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

"Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures" Card featuring "Penelope"!!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend! I'm back with a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. The card featured today showcases one of Adele's beautiful images, "Penelope," which can be purchased at the Jiggery Makery etsy shop.
                                         
                                              Here's the pic of the card for you to check out:


The card measures 4" x 6 1/2" and uses a sheet of purple card stock as the base.
The card design I kept pretty simple, focusing more on the background I created for the image. 
I added subsequent layers to the card base using white and navy blue card stocks, that I cut going down 1/4"every layer.

Next, I went to work on coloring the image and creating the background.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Skin- E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E70, E74, E79
-Dress & Shoes- B00, B12, B14,  E95, E70

 
For the background, I drew in a night scene with some bushes; a vine and a few lanterns.
After penciling everything in, I went over it using my fine tip black marker.
Next, I erased all the pencil lines and colored the background in using my alcohol markers.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Sky-  B18, RV69, C08
-Bushes, Leaves, & Grass- G94, G28
-Sidewalk- C03, C04
-Lanterns- R14, R17, Y00, Y15, YG03, G46

I used my 0 Colorless Blender marker around each of the lanterns to mimic the glow they would give off at night.
Then, I added polka dots to the dress and red lanterns using my white gel pen.
I also added a few stars to the night sky.
I trimmed the image panel to 3 1/2" x 5 3/4" and backed it on a piece of  white card stock cut a 1/4" bigger.

Next, I adhered it to the card base and used a stamp from the Two Paper DivasLife's Simple Pleasures for the sentiment, "Enjoy life's simple pleasures".
Finally, I stamped it using my VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using my white embossing powder from Recollections.

And ta-da! Card complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your evening!! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button