Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Mermaid Grotto featuring SND Chelsea Mermaid!!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday! The project being featured today is one I created for a spotlight post over at the Scrap N' Dipity blog. I used the "Chelsea Mermaid" image from the Scrap N' Dipity shop and created an underwater grotto scene complete with fish and a seahorse.

                                               Here's a pic of the card for you to check out:


The card measures 6" x 6 3/4" and uses two sheets of patterned card stock from the Graphic 45 "By The Sea," collection. I sandwiched the patterned papers between layers of white card stock to create a sturdy base for the image panel.

For the image, I printed it out twice on a sheet of white card stock. I cut the card stock in half; one half to create the scene and the other to color the image.

To create the grotto background for the mermaid,  I referenced a few photos from Google, picked the elements I wanted to add (rocks, coral, etc.), and penciled them in. Next, I went over the pencil lines with my fine tip black marker and trimmed the image panel.

         I used my alcohol makers to fill the scene in and  here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                  - Rocks- C01, C03, C04, C06, C07
                                                        - Sandy Bottom- E95, E70
              - Plants- G40, G94, RV000, RV52, R14, R17, Y00, Y15, E97, E99, RV63, RV55
                                                        - Water- 0, B12, B14, B14

                                        

Finally, I added a few highlights to the rocks, plants, and sand using my white gel pen. With the background complete, I set to work on the image.

                              Here's a rundown of the colors I used for the mermaid image:
                                                            - Skin- E00, E11, R20
                                                            - Hair- E97, E99, E29
                                               - Fins & Tail- G43, G94, RV63, RV55 

                               I fussy cut the image out and paper pieced her on the scene.

I cut the fish out of a patterned paper from the Graphic 45"By The Sea," collection and adhered them to the background. I used a seahorse stamp from an Inkadinkado set, colored it in, fussy cut it, and added it to the plants.

To finish off the card, I cut the "Mermaids Wanted" sign from a post card in the collection. I colored it  with my E13 & E18  Copic markers to give the look of wood, added it to a wood post I colored, and adhered it to the background using pop dots.

                                                           And ta-da! Card complete!



I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day!


I'll be entering this card into these challenges: 
-



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button