Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Copics, Drawing and Images, Oh My!

Hey everyone, happy "Hump" day to you all! I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start! Today's post is a special one for me. For the past few weeks, I have been busy drawing up a storm and working on creating my own images. If your a follower of my blog, you know that I often add my own spin to digital images. From drawing backgrounds to altering the outfits. I enjoy drawing in these kind of things from time to time and I thought it was time to draw my hand at creating my own images. The card I'm featuring today showcases an image and background I drew myself. I have a few more that I am currently working on and I hope to able to share those soon.
Just a quick note: This card is part of the newest "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Decorate to Celebrate blog. Make sure to head over to the blog to play along. We love seeing your crafty creations.

                                                       Here's the pic for you to check out:
                    The card measures 5" x 7" and uses a sheet of white card stock as the base.
                      The background was drawn, scanned into my computer and printed out.
               I wanted to create a boutique backdrop that would work on its own or with images.
I used my alcohol markers to color it in and used a technique to mimic the look of watercolor using Copics.
                                                            Here's the list of colors I used:
                                                -Storefront- G40, G43, C01 C03, C02, C04
                                                  -Glass- B00, E70, 0 Colorless blender

To create the watercolor effect, I used my Colorless Blender solution and my B00 refill solution.
I mixed an equal amount of both solutions in a palette and added it to the background using a paintbrush.

                         After I had the background filled in, I adhered it to the card base using my tape runner.
                                                   Next I began work on the main image.

                  I wanted to draw an image dressed in today's fashions to give her a modern look.
                  So after drawing my image, I scanned her into my computer and printed her out.
                                                               Here's the colors I used:
                                                               -Skin- E00, E11, R20
                                                               -Hair- E70, E74, E79
                                                                -Shirt- RV63, RV55
                                                              -Jeans- B12, B14, B18
                                                -Boots & Purse- E97, E99, E29, G94, G99

              Next, I fussy cut the image and placed her on the background to complete the scene.

As a finishing touch, I wrote the sentiment, "Wishing you a fabulous birthday" as well as the boutique's name "Boutique de Paris".

                                                              And voila! Card complete!

                                                  I hope  you enjoyed this card for today!
                                          I hope to be able to offer this image to you all soon.
                                     Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button