Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

The Trip of a Lifetime Tag: LBBS July Release!!

Hey everyone, happy Friday to you all! Today's post features one of the newest releases from the LBBS July release.  Olga has some wonderful new images to share, so please make sure to head over to the LBBS shop to check them out. Now for my project, I used the "Enjoy your Travel" image, which features a stewardess, bag, and some travel inspired sentiments. This image is perfect for cards, art journals, and even luggage tags.
                                          
                                               Here's a pic of the tag for you to check out:

 .


 I used a standard size 2 5/8" x 5 1/4" manila tag, and I added color to the tag using my Distress Ink in Walnut. Then, I added some more color using my Distress Paint in Bronze and my Ranger Perfect Pearls Spray Ink in Copper. Afterwards, I used my heat tool to dry and set the color.



Next, I stamped the background using a Hampton Arts Harlequin stamp, and my Memento Mixed Media ink in Black. I used the ink pad to go around the edges, and my heat tool to set the ink.
Then I used some travel themed sticker definitions from my stash to add the sentiments to complete the background.
                                         Finally, I the tag set it aside to work on the image.

                                      I printed the image out and colored it in using my Copics.
                                             
                                                   Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                               -Skin- E00, E11, R52
                                                               -Hair- Y00, Y15, E13
                                                 -Outfit- B14, B18,  C01, C03, C06, C08
                                                                  -Bag- E74, E79


I fussy cut the images out and adhered them to the tag.
Then, using my Recollections water color marker in black, I went around the edges to add some shadows. I also used my water brush to soften the shadows a bit.


As a finishing touch, I sprayed some white pigment ink from Dylusions and tied a ribbon at the top.

And voila! Tag complete!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
You could take this tag put it inside of a plastic sleeve and add your information to the back to make a unique tag for your luggage.
Wouldn't that be cool?
One last thing before I end this post; "What would your ultimate trip of a lifetime be? And why?"
Mine is pretty cliche, but I would definitely say a trip to Paris!
I would love to be able to see the Eiffel Tower and visit the Louvre.  
Make sure to leave your answer in the comment box!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!!




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

 
 
 





































 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button