Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

"Learn something New" Back to School Card!

Hey everyone! I hope  your day is off to a great start! For today's post, I have a card I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog! The theme for this week's challenge is "Back To School" and we have some great prizes for you to win. So make sure to swing by the Glitter N Sparkle blog for a list of sponsors.
The card I'm showcasing today features a beautiful image from Crafts & Me "Book Worm Fairy".
                                                     Here's the pic for you to check out:



The card measures 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" and uses a sheet of pink card stock as the base.
For the card layer, I cut a sheet of  black card stock to 5 3/4" x 5 3/4"and adhered it to the card.
Next I printed out the image and colored her in using my alcohol markers.
Here's the list of colors I used:
-Skin- E00, E11, E13, RV52
-Clothes & Wings- RV000, RV52, RV55, RV63, C02, C04, 100
-Accessories- G43, G94, E99, E29, B00, B12, C01, C03, Colorless Blender



 Once I had the image colored in, I decided to create a subtle background.
I thought that rows of books would work but I wanted to keep the look soft with the focus beig o the main image.
I penciled in the shelves and books using a ruler to keep the lines straight.
Next I used my E00, Y00, RV000, G40 Copic markers to add a little color and then softened the look with my Colorless Blender.

I trimmed down the image panel to 5 1/2" x 5 /2" and adhered it to the card base.
I added a few butterflies that I punched out of white card stock and colored them in using the same color scheme as the main image.
To finish it off, I adhered a few pink sequins and hand wrote the "Today learn something new" sentiment using my 100 Copic marker.
And voila! Card complete!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! )







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button