Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

"Be True" Inspirational Canvas Art: LBBS New Stamp Release!!

Hey everyone, happy T.G.I.F to you all! I hope your Friday is off to a great start! Today's post features a project I made for the Little Blue Button Stamps new release. This month Olga has outdone herself again with adorable images perfect for your projects. Using the "Tiny Princess" image, I created a canvas piece starring this lil cutie. If you would like to see all the new stamps plus projects from our fabulous DT members, please head over to the Little Blue Button Stamps shop!
And now, let's move on to the pics of my project for you to check out:


I used a 4 3/4" x 7" canvas board and I using my Recollections spray inks in a shimmery green and blue to add color to the background.
Next I move on to some stamping to add texture to the background.
I used some images from a couple of different Autumn Leaves stamp sets and my Memento Mixed Media ink.
I followed that up by stamping  some text using my Hero Arts "Art is Life"stamp.
I then used my heat tool to set the ink and set it aside to work on my image.

For the image, I used my alcohol inks to color her in and here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- E00, E11, E13, R52
-Hair- E74, E18, E29
-Dress- Conda brand markers from Hobby Lobby in: 72P, 75P, Gold gel pen, CG22
-Leave- GY83, GY106
-Flower- V20, V25
 

With the image all colored in, I fussy cut her out and adhered her to the background using my tape runner.
Then to add some shading around the image, I used my Faber Castell Big Brush marker in Black, smudging the ink as I applied it.

Next, I decided to add some more flowers for added dimension, arranging them on the canvas and painting them using black paint.
Once they were dry, I used my Recollections spray ink in a shimmery purple to tone it down and add extra sparkle.

To finish he canvas off, I  added blue rhinestones to the flowers centers, pearls to her crown, and a few butterflies I punched using some leftover black card stock.
Lastly, I added chipboard letters to create my sentiment, "Be True" making sure to add a white highlight to each letter.

                                                            And voila! Canvas complete!


                                              I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                                       Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button