Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Coffin Treat Box feat. Cute as a Button Stamps!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to all! I hope  your day is off to a relaxing start! Today's post I have a treat box I made for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog.  The theme for this week is "Halloween" and there are plenty of treats for you to win from our sponsors. So make sure to head over to the Glitter N Sparkle blog to play along. For my project, I made a coffin treat box featuring an adorable image from Cute as a Button stamps entitled "Frankie".
                                                  Here are the pics for you to check out:


                For the treat box I printed out a free template and adjusted the size to fit the image.
                                               The finished box measures 4 1/8" x 7 7/8".
I made the box out of two sheets of black card stock and put it together using the instructions from the template.
To add some color I used my ink sprays in Ranger Perfect Pearls in Silver, Perfect Pearls in Copper and Recollections Shimmer Mist in Green.
              Next I used a striped pattered paper in purple to line the inside of the treat box.
                                   I then added some black chipboard letters to spell out R.I.P.
                                  With my box complete I set it aside to work on the image.

            I used my alcohol markers to color him in and here's a rundown of the colors I used.
                                                          Skin- G40, G43, G46, RV63
                                                               Hair- CG3, CG7, 100
Clothes- E74, E29, RV19, RV69, CG6, CG7, CG2, CG4, Colorless Blender, Prismacolor Warm Grey 10%
                                                  Pumpkin- YR04, E99, E74, Y00, Y15
 

                                  I fussy cut the image out and adhered him to the box.
           I added a few sticker sentiments from a Creative Imaginations Halloween sticker set.
               Lastly, I added a few gold/striped sequins i picked up in Hobby Lobby.

                                                       And ta-da! Treat Box complete!


                                               I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                                   Thanks for stopping by and have a great Halloween!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button