Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

"Think Pink" Challenge for Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Glitter N Sparkle DT Project!!

Hey everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start! It has been a crazy couple of days since Hurricane Matthew blew through North Carolina on Saturday. The rain was no stop and the wind was non stop. We did have some damage to our roof plus some debris and my daughter's trampoline almost blew away. But we were lucky that our power was intact although our Internet was down all day on Sunday. I wish I could say the same for those who were hit the hardest. Most residents are stuck in their homes due to washed out roads and flooding. Power to most of those affected won't be back on till Friday. My husband and daughter were out today giving out water to those who are without and donating cases to a local food pantry who's stock was destroyed due to flood waters. It's horrible and I ask that you keep Central North Carolina in your prayers.

So on to today's post which will be a quick one.
The card I'm featuring is for the latest Glitter N Sparkle challenge.
The  theme is  "Think Pink" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
I used an adorable image from "Chloe's Heart Balloon's" from Imagine That.
I decided to create a shaker card with an inspirational message.
                                                  Here's the pic for you to check out:
                                                                                                                                                                  

The card base measures 5 1/8" x 5 1/8" using a sheet of brown card stock as the base.
 For my card layers I used a sheet of white card stock, 4 7/8" x 4 7/8" and a sheet of patterned paper, 4 1/2" x 4 1/2".
My last card layer is a sheet of pink card stock, 4 1/8" x 4 1/8".
Next I stamped the sentiment using my VersaMark ink and heat embossing it with some Recollections white embossing powder.
The sentiment reads, "Be Strong, Go with your heart and believe in Miracles because anything can happen".

Next I assembled the pieces for my shaker element and used a mix of pink and purple sequins.
Then I moved on to the image, coloring it in using my alcohol markers.
Here's the list of colors used:
E11, E13, E95, R12, RV52, RV55,RV63, RV66, RV69, CG01, CG02, Colorless Blender
I fussy cut the image out and adhered it to the shaker.

And ta-da! Card complete!

 


                                                  I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
                                        Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your evening! :)




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button