Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Movember Card feat. Edgar Allan Poe: Glitter N Sparkle Challenge!!

Hey everyone,happy Sunday to all! I hope your day is off to a relaxing start! For today's post I have a card I made for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog. The theme for this week is "One for the  Men" and we have some great sponsors lined up with awesome prizes for you to win.
Make sure to head over to the Glitter N Sparkle blog to play along! The card I'm sharing today features an image from Ike's Art called "Poe's Bust". I thought this was the perfect image for a masculine card and Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite author as well. As the name of the image suggests this is a statue of Poe with a raven sitting atop. So with the help of Google images and my Copic markers I was able to color this image to resemble a marble bust.
I only used three colors plus my Colorless Blender and white gel pen to get the look you will see in the pics below.
                                                   Here are the pics for you to check out:

The card measures 4 5/8" x 7 7/8" using a sheet of brown card stock as the base. 
The card layer is a sheet of grey card stock that I trimmed down to 4 3/8" x 7 1/2".
I used a sheet of patterned paper from a Tim Holtz "Menagerie" paper pad and adhered it onn top of the grey card layer.
To add a little more interest to the paper, I used my ColorBox Cat's Eye Pigment ink pad in Chestnut", a Tim Holtz "Eye Chart" stencil and a flourish stamp.
I then added a strip of grey stock along the bottom and added some die cut gears from a Tim Holtz/Sizzix "Gearhead" Thinlits die.
I cut the gears out of white card and colored them in using my Distress Paint in "Antiqued Bronze".
Next I set it aside to work on the image.

                                                        Here's a list of the color I used:
                        Bust- E00, E13, Y15, Colorless Blender, Gelly Roll White gel pen
                                      Raven- Conda markers in 22CG, 24CG, 35CG


                    I then fussy cut the image and used fun foam to adhere it to the card base.
 I used a stamp & die set from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Framelits called "Possibilities for the hands and the sentiment.

                                                           And voila! Card complete!


                                                  I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
                                     Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button